Discovering an appreciation of the fine arts by assessing the art content knowledge through; exploration of materials, demonstration of mediums, observing examples of artwork and discussing them, learning new art vocabulary, learning about famous artists, team building projects, and improving the individual art skill level of each student.
Arts Projects For Anyone to create for your entire Wellbeing. !
Inspiring art creation for the home, at school, and community. (Above image from the school meadow in bloom)
First Meeting for Art Portfolio Club: Thursday, October 18th!
Art Portfolio Club!!!!! With Ms. Kimmel
What is it?
*An Advanced Art Creation and Discussion Club, to prepare students for an Art High School Interview in Philadelphia, TO ATTEND AN ART BASID HIGH SCHOOL or future Advanced Placement Art Classes in High School.
What will we do?
We will learn more advanced skills in the fine arts as well as how discuss a work of art, or the aesthetics of an artwork.
When is it?
The club will meet In the Art Room:
- Mornings Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8- 8:30am (*not on half days)
- Lunch Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30-1pm
- After School Thursdays ONLY from 3:30-5pm (*not on half days or snow days or holidays or holiday starting)
- I will make a schedule for attendants!
Who is it for?
6th Grade, 7th Grade, 8th Grade
- Must maintain at least a B in Art with no behavioral issues in art.
- Must be in good Disciplinary standing within the school, NO Suspensions, or more than ONE detention.
Why? Well… Why Not?
- To learn more advanced art techniques.
- To meet new people.
- To be prepared for High School Art Standards.
- To be prepared for High School Art Interviews.
- To learn how to talk about Works of Art