Arts Projects For Anyone to create for your entire Wellbeing. !

Arts Projects For Anyone to create for your entire Wellbeing. !
Inspiring art creation for the home, at school, and community. (Above image from the school meadow in bloom)

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Yesterday 80's Throwback and Today World Autism Awareness Day with a Poem or Talent

I really miss my family. 

Wednesday, April 1st  2020
This is a daily struggle that I am personally dealing with. I have had good moments and not so good moments. My family and I talk often, which helps. This delightful throwback is from 1985. I was two years old. My sister is a newborn.  I hope you are all hanging in there. Keep holding on and be safe all! 






Autism Awareness Day with a Poem or Talent


  Thursday, April 2nd 2020
 On the right I have two photos for today's virtual week! One is myself rocking my indigo Autism Awareness T-Shirt. The other is a poem written to me by a 4th grade student from years ago . I keep it on my refrigerator in a plastic covering. Tori is probably in college now.
The poem is a tad hard to read so I will retype it below.

The Art Festival

In the city way out west
The art festival was the best
There were no bad pests
Pictures of eggs in a bird's nest.

Picasso with his abstract
Blowing my mind away
O'Keeffe won't get last
In a flower contest, anyway.

Carving wood and stone
Sculptures of life
The artist can own
Making things with a knife.

So come to the city
Where we have a ball
You'll learn stuff like me
At the Art Festival!

#WeAreCookWiss #CWVirtualSpiritWeek

Can you Create a poem of your own? 


A 2nd grade student made this for me years ago!
  • Rhymed poetry- Poems which have rhyming patterns. 
  • Free verse- Any style and way work!
  • Narrative poetry- Poetry which describes a story or scenery. 
  • Haiku- A traditional Japanese haiku is a three-line poem with seventeen syllables, written in a 5/7/5 syllable count. Often focusing on images from nature, haiku emphasizes simplicity, intensity, and directness of expression.
  • Acrostic - Choose a topic and for each first letter add a word, phrase, or sentence.

Ms. Kimmel's Haiku...


Art is everywhere.

You can make art every day.

What inspires you?






 

No comments:

Post a Comment