I really miss my family.
This is a daily struggle that I am personally dealing with. I have had good moments and not so good moments. My family and I talk often, which helps. This delightful throwback is from 1985. I was two years old. My sister is a newborn. I hope you are all hanging in there. Keep holding on and be safe all!
Autism Awareness Day with a Poem or Talent
On the right I have two photos for today's virtual week! One is myself rocking my indigo Autism Awareness T-Shirt. The other is a poem written to me by a 4th grade student from years ago . I keep it on my refrigerator in a plastic covering. Tori is probably in college now.
The poem is a tad hard to read so I will retype it below.
The Art Festival
In the city way out west
The art festival was the best
There were no bad pests
Pictures of eggs in a bird's nest.
Picasso with his abstract
Blowing my mind away
O'Keeffe won't get last
In a flower contest, anyway.
Carving wood and stone
Sculptures of life
The artist can own
Making things with a knife.
So come to the city
Where we have a ball
You'll learn stuff like me
At the Art Festival!
Can you Create a poem of your own?
|A 2nd grade student made this for me years ago!|
- Rhymed poetry- Poems which have rhyming patterns.
- Free verse- Any style and way work!
- Narrative poetry- Poetry which describes a story or scenery.
- Haiku- A traditional Japanese haiku is a three-line poem with seventeen syllables, written in a 5/7/5 syllable count. Often focusing on images from nature, haiku emphasizes simplicity, intensity, and directness of expression.
- Acrostic - Choose a topic and for each first letter add a word, phrase, or sentence.